#5019: Creole Version of "Restavec:From Haitian Slave Child To Middle-Class American" (fwd)

From: Michael Brewer <haitianstreetkids@rescueteam.com>

Jean-Robert Cadet, author of,  "Restavec: From Haitian Slave Child to
Middle-Class American", has asked that we let everyone know a Haitian Creole
version of the book is now being published by University of Kansas.
The publisher, Dr. Bryant Freeman of the Institute For Haitian Studies, has
said he will make available as many copies as needed for anyone who would
like to purchase one.

Anyone wanting a copy of the book, please respond to this message and I will
put you on the list and get back to you with the price.  It is not available
commercially yet.

The French version of the book should be out next year.

It is Mr. Cadets' hope that the Creole and French versions of the book will
make an impact on Haitian society regarding the restavec situation. He spent
the month of June working at the United Nations in Geneva at the invitation
of the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights in an attempt to raise
international consciousness to the plight of the restavec children.
Mr. Cadet is currently working on an ABC20/20 segment to be broadcast in the
fall and is also involved with the International Labor Organization (ILO) in
their sensitizing program that will get under way this month.

Thanks,
Michael W. Brewer
Email     HaitianStreetKids@rescueteam.com

HaitianStreetKids.com