#5140: response to Dorce#5117 (fwd)

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

YOU WRITE
 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 This snippet from your post caught my attention.  It actually made me
 incredulous. "Why can't they be taught to respect life?"......like their
 previous government regimes?  Like the bored and dismissive elite?  Like just
 what role model that exists or ever existed in Haiti?  When did anyone value
 THEIR lives?  If you are sick......you die.  If you are hungry....you die.
 If you manage to make enough money to effect your life...it's very possible
 you die.  If you vote for your candidate so that your government can
 represent your needs for once in the history of Haiti.....you die.  When
 people can vote for Aristide and he can complete his term of office without
 coup and reprisals (bodies left in the street as a message to others not to
 defy their betters) then you can work on teaching everyone the value of human
 life.  Now, today.....you might as well spit in the wind.
 You are right that there has been very little respect for life in Haiti
 for the last 45 years.  I believe that calling for respect for life is
 therefore a very important call and it must take many forms.  It's OK to
 spit in the wind then if that is what you are calling my voice.  I hope
 someone gets disgusted by my spit and is shocked into thinking that
 respecting life and preaching respect for life is every Haitians personal
 responsability.