5527: Re: 5519: Two Americans Injured in Haiti (Saint-Vil) (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Onè,

As I read these messages about "good blan" feeling for the first time some
of the consequences of sponsored abject poverty, political instability,
gun/drug trafficking and lack of justice infrastructure in Haiti, I can't
help but think about the hundreds of criminals exported to Haiti in the last
few years.

Some speculate that the recent violent scare felt by white "visitors" may be
linked to politics but is this really probable? Perhaps there is another
simpler explanation. Perhaps!

Perhaps all these years, the Haitian thief had been a "blan fearing", "blan
mystified/blan worshiping" poor man looking for his daily bread in the
streets of Port-au-Prince. However, we must remember that thanks to our good
"friends of Haiti", a new breed of seasoned criminals roam the streets of
Haitian cities. This breed of young black men have no such fear or
admiration for the "blan" because he has lived with real blan all his life.
He has been framed by them, jailed by them, ghettorised by them, deported by
them, sold drugs for them, shot by them. He is not at all impressed.

>From accounts reported in the news media, it seems these gifts of young
fearless black American/Canadian/French exports are now the new lords of the
streets in Haiti and they are making an army of irreverant pupils that are
bound to also lose their blan appreciation of yonder years.

Perhaps, what we are witnessing here is a case of «baton ki te toujou ap bat
chen nwa a ki kòmanse ap bat chen blan an»? Tout moun jwenn! (no one is
spared!)

Indeed, the issue of safety must be a number one priority for the Haitian
government. Not because a few blan are, for the first time, feeling
threathened but because 8 million Haitians deserve the right to live in
peace.

Politically motivated or not, a case of «chicken coming home to roost» or
not, Haiti cannot afford to let this situation continue unchecked.
Especially, if a Bush administration crawls its way into the White house.
You can bet your money these stories of black on white violence would be all
over the U.S. media and Haiti can definitely kiss peace and traquility
goodbye.

Jafrikayiti

«Chak mèb gen pis yo»