5839: Reviews of several older children's books

>From Bob Corbett,

I was going through some old copies of STRETCH, a quarterly magazine
on Haiti I used to publish for an 11 year period prior to starting
this list in 1994.

Sometime in the late 1980s I pressed two of my very young children
(pre-teens for sure) to write some reviews of books on Haiti they
were reading in the beginnings of my Haiti library.  A bit of
bribing here and there and I managed to get a few.  I published
them near Christmas one year and quite a few parents and grandparents
wrote me that they used the reviews to help them get presents for their
children or grandchildren.

I just posted these reviews by the young Corbetts to my web site.
They are listed separately on my book reviews page, but all of them
are collected on my web page at:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/bookreviews/children.htm

The reviews are quite short, and I have no idea if any of the books
are still in print, but I thought some of you might be interested.

Bob Corbett