6091: Haiti News and Rumors! (fwd)

From: Stephen Collins <collins@mtco.com>

Friends,

  I have now had two reports about some missionaries being killed in Haiti.
One report said that 11 were murdered because of a government uprising and
the other was just that several missionaries had been killed.

    I THINK what this all stems from is a situation that happened about 2
weeks ago.  There was a van accident in Haiti in which 11 missionaries were
injured and at least one died as a result of that accident.    I am sorry I
have no idea who they were - I saw in an AP story they were from North
Carolina.

      THERE HAS BEEN NO REPORT FROM ANY OF MY SOURCES THAT THIS HAD ANYTHING
TO DO WITH THE GOVERNMENT OR POLITICAL SITUATION.

    To be sure, we need to pray for those who were hurt and who lost their
lives.  But as far as I know this is all there is to the story.

    So, pray for those folks, and please continue to pray for Haiti.  The
Presidential election was held on November 26 and former President Aristide
was elected.  We do not know what the result of that will be.  Various
reports out of Haiti tell me the election went pretty good - very little
violence compared to other years and elections.

    Pray for the whole country, the missionaries, the church folks, the
politicians -

    If you have any word on any of this, please send it to me.   The first
thing I learned about Haiti is "beyond the mountains there are more
mountains" -  i.e.. about the time you think you understand Haiti, think
again.

    Oh yea, if you have any prayer time left over, pray for America and our
loss of truth.  God save us!

Steve