6417: Re:New Book on Haiti Occupation; Simidor disagrees (fwd)

From: Karioka9@cs.com

"Two" plus "two" still equal "four."  But adding Stan Goff, the G.I. Joe in
Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Somalia and Peru, and the Stan Goff who morphes
into retirement as a hardcore revolutionary, doesn't come up to "four."  That
Goff would have no qualms doing what the job called for in Grenada and
Panama, only to find his Damascus Road in the relatively bloodless and
peaceful Haiti invasion, defies belief.  Stan Goff and Lynn Garrison, two
special agents for US imperialism, two archetypes.  The ultimate G.I. Joe vs.
the ultimate mercenary.  Goff, the "worker in uniform," the "good
revolutionary," for whom truth is "a matter of life and death," or so says
the "historian" Mark Jones.  This is the stuff of Workers World and
Haiti-Progres, who like to cuddle with soldiers-of-fortune types and
born-again bad guys like Ramsey Clark, Captain what's-his-name Rockwood,
Milosevic and the mercenary Arkan.  But there is a definite stench (yon sant
fondanman) in all that.  Goff, quite frankly, has a lot to account for.  Not
a foot soldier, he, but a leader of men in the bloody service of US
imperialism.  A little anti-Haitian propaganda, after such a successful
career in "elite Ranger, Airborne, Special Forces, and counter-terrorist
units," surely would not register even as a blip on that man's radar of
horrors.  Something doesn't add up, but hell if I'm paying $12 for the
privilege of reading what should have been, if truth is the ultimate
criterion, a very humble apology.

PS.  Bob, you will probably censor this but somebody has to say it.

Daniel Simidor