6767: Re: 6757: RE: Telephoning Haiti from USA (fwd)

From: Sarah Belfort <sbelfort@haitiworld.com>

Karen,

My mother (in the US) has compared companies and found that MCI offers the
best deal for her-- it's the "one world" package, and offers a rate of
something like 60 cents per minute for direct-dialed calls to Haiti.  I
don't know if that's standard, or if you have to designate that you want
Haiti as your priority international-calls country, or something like that.
I know 60 cents sounds high, but it was lots better than ATT or any of the
calling cards that I know about.  Also she has not had any trouble getting
through.

Another nice feature of the service is that I can call her collect (at her
home number) and she will pay THE SAME RATE that she would if she were
calling me, ie 60 cents/min.  However in the past few months it has been
very difficult to reach MCI, even here in Port... but calling from Haiti
the US is a subject for another day.

Hope that helps,
Sarah