6833: Re: 6827: Safety & req. Travel in Haiti (fwd)

From: qret6394 <pharris@ou.edu>

I recently returned from a two week visit to Haiti...traveling from P-a-P to Cap
Haitian and then back down to Gonaives. I spent about a week in each place and
took university undergrads with me. I witnessed not one single episode of unrest
nor did I encounter any situation which threatened my security, that of my
students and my 11 year old daughter. I view these incidents as connected
dirtectly to specific poitical events, like the elections and the upcoming
inauguration. Moreover they seem to be isolated incidents that are magnified by
media accounts. Good luck and have a good trip.

Patti Harris
University of Oklahoma