6886: On a recent visit in Haiti

From: The Rusks <rwfarms@cqc.com>

Just returned from Haiti. While there we patched pot holes on National One
from
Bon Repos to Titanyen. That's north of PAP.They shook there fist at us for
two
days while jack hammered out holes and getting them ready for asphalt but
once
they seen that we were fixing the road there were a lot of smiles
especially
from the big rigs.We did have trouble getting them to slow down especially
the
blue line busses. Working late at night was really the safes and it wasn't
so
hot. The day I left we had put down close to forty ton and still going.
Two
missionaries were paying for it as one had been hyjacked where road was so
bad
you came to stand still to get through. Drivers would ask us what company
we
were working for and we would say the Lord and they would just throw up
there
arms and go on.I guess what I'm trying to say is that Haiti is as safe as
you
make it or more so than most cities in U.S. The people for most part are
friendly and willing to help.  Don't travel at night unless with someone
who
knows what they're doing and stay out of certain parts of PAP. Remember
you are

in there country not yours.  rwfarms@cqc.com