6919: Cult of the personality (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

There are many large signs around the country with large pictures of Aristide
and the slogan "la pe nan tet, lape nan vant". Seeing these large pictures of
the next president got me to thinking back to 1987 when people were debating
issues of the new constitution. So I searched for a copy of the constitution
and started reading till I got to Article 7 and it states: "The cult of the
personality is categorically forbidden. Effigies and names of living
personages may not appear on the currency, stamps, seals, public buildings,
streets or works of art."

Richard Morse