7046: Re: 6992: land reform (fwd)

From: ROODY BARTHELEMY <kreyolco@hotmail.com>

With all due respect,

I really think that Mark's comments regarding land reform in Haiti is
irrelevant, especially when he wrote that it is "a basic feature of
liberation theology and Aristide has long been associated with this brand of
theology."

If Doctor Gill is curious enough to give a look at Haiti's history, he would
easily notice the strong historical connection that exist, since its very
beginning as a nation (1804), between the country and land reform.  Many
Haiti historians agree to reveal that Dessalines, the Founder of our Haitian
nation, was exactly killed because of the land reform he initiated in the
country soon after independence. There was no influence of whatsoever
liberation theology, and not even Aristide's great-grandfather was born yet.

When it comes to land reform and Haiti, this country's history can be so
vivid and revealing a guide that we should not let ourselves be blinded by
any sort of anti-aristidism.

Ayibobo!
Roody