7060: Slavin Responds to Bébé Pierre-Louis (fwd)

From: pslavin@unicefusa.org

I appreciate your response and many other contributions you make to the Corbett
list. I cannot argue
with your point. My posting was based on real politik, not the moral principals
you have correctly argued
with -- that as long as there is an armed force in Haiti, whether the Army or
SIMO, a time will come when a
President will be threatened by it ?? the history of Haiti makes this clear,
unfortunately. And if that
President is not prepared to respond, exile awaits, like Estime in Jamaica and
Aristide in Venezeula and
later, Georgetown.

Patrick