7091: Re: Government Subsidy of Protestants in Haiti (fwd)

From: Riwilson <RIWilson@maf.org>

     I am a Protestant missionary working in Port-au-Prince.  I am one of
     many I know working in Haiti (from Port-des-Paix, Jacmel, Gonaives,
     Jeremie and more) who receive no support from the Haitian government,
     USIS, nor do we have special customs privileges.  We must raise 100%
     of all our shipping costs and pay whatever (sometimes outrageous) fees
     are required by customs.  Be careful of generalizations.

     Richard Wilson