7217: Re: 7205: Re: 7163: Re: 7158: Need Info Again (fwd)

From: STEMMINHAITI <STEMMinHaiti@maf.org>

In defense of MFI, they are a private not-for-profit organization and it seems
to me they have the right to set their own policies.  I am a member of MFI, and
I don't always agree with the way they see things, but I certainly defend their
right to do it.  It is important for any service organization to determine what
their priorities are and then stick to it or they get going in too many
different directions and then dilute their services.  MFI does a good job of
utilizing their limited resources to help Haiti and other countries.  They have
always been there for their subscribers and often go the second mile. Hoowever
they do more than provide service for their subscribers.  They also have flown
in supplies and  personnel for disaster relief, such as  flying water and
supplies to the Bahamas the day after Hurricane Floyd in Sept. of '99, and then
continued to make 15 more flights over the next two weeks, bringing in 85,000
lbs. of donated supplies.  During the flight embargo against Haiti back in l994
they got permission from the UN to make flights into Haiti for critical supplies
and medical needs, and to  my knowledge they were the only ones.  I believe they
also flew in and out non-MFI subscribers at that time too.  So please don't
berate them.