7236: Defending Lauture (fwd)

ANONYMOUS POST:

I've been thoroughly informed -- and entertained -- by the thread on Gladys
Latoure.  Although I recognize some of the accusations against this
power-broker as quite unethical, the feminist in me wants to say "Bravo!" to
this dynamic and intriguing woman.

There's a popular saying among urban youth, which goes:  "Don't hate the
player; hate the game."  That seems to be an appropriate comment here on Ms.
Latoure's involvement.  Too many governments in troubled nations have failed
miserably because of "nationalistic" tendencies.  There would be a lot of
stagnation without well-connected people like Gladys Latoure helping keep
things moving & shaking from outside financial sources

Yes, I'm sure she's well paid for her services.  Aren't you?  And if we
aren't well paid, we should be as smart as Latoure to ensure that we get all
that we deserve for our time, energy and thinking.

Where am I coming from, theoretically supporting such a clearly despised
woman?  I'm speaking as an intelligent woman who, like millions of others,
feels that our gender has been miscalculated and maligned too long by a
male-dominated society.  We are no different from  people of color rebelling
against the oppression of colonial powers.  Sometimes "minorities" eek out
some power in the U.S.  So why not a woman in Haiti?

Just sounds like Latoure's mastered a time-honored game, no different from
the way influential bigshots play the game anywhere -- particularly in the
U.S.  Sorry, but I find it refreshing that this time, it's a woman who's the
brains behind it all.