7553: Re: 7507: Driver responds to McCalla (fwd)

From: "Tom F. Driver" <tfd3@columbia.edu>

I think my friend Jocelyn McCalla's reply to Amy Wilentz (below) is a bit
disingenuous.  If Al Gore just went around on his own calling himself
President, that might be considered a joke.  But if he called for an army to
support him, if he was taken seriously by the foreign press and dignified by
the title of "the opposition," and if it was suspected that he had powerful
supporters in high places both at home and abroad, the joke would be over.
It is most likely that he would be incarcerated -- either in a jail or a hospital.
Let's get real.

Tom Driver