7558: RE: 7530: Morse replies to Cooke (fwd)

From: "Hoover, Julie H." <Hoover@pbworld.com>

Richard Morse  and others have implied/charged in various ways that Aristide
has "sold out"  for personnel wealth/power.  If I for one minute I jthought
Aristide had lost his primary focus on uplifting the poor, I would go into
great despair and depression. Solid evidence is needed to substantiate such
serious charges, which have not been provided by anyone to date.  I find it
totally inconceivable that this dedicated man, who has demonstrated his
commitment to the poor of Haiti in so many compelling ways, has become
corrupted.  We may not agree with all of his day-to-day strategic decisions,
but it is sacrilege to question this exemplary man's basic
motivations/driving force.