7627: re 7607 - Presidential mansion tours. 8th april (fwd)

From: jacqualine labrom <ljacqui@haitiworld.com>

One can do tours of the Presidential Palace.  I was working for SET the
other year (Sec. of State for Tourism) and asked there if anyone knew
someone at the palace who could arrange a tour for the Intl. Women's Assn.
and when I got through to the Palace I said 'is it possible'?  and they
said, yes of course, we have tours all the time. It was true they do tours
for schoolchildren all the time, and we had a great tour of the Palace.
There was some work being done in the Palace at the time and we didn't get
to see absolutely everything. So if you have a group get in touch with them.
I'm sure Michelle Karshan who is on the Corbett List would give us the
contact name and number.

Its lovely inside!!!

Jacqui Labrom
ljacqui@haitiworld.com