7752: Haiti foreign mission a waste of time (fwd)

From: Max Blanchet <maxblanchet@worldnet.att.net>

CARIBBEAN NEWS AGENCY (CANA)

Haiti foreign mission a waste of time - official

Port-au-Prince, Haiti, CANA - A human rights official in strife-torn Haiti
said yesterday that any form of outside intervention was a waste of time,
as the Organisation of American States (OAS) mounted another mission
to the Caribbean nation.

The comments from Head of the Ecumenical Centre For Human Rights,
Jean-Claude Bajeux, coincided with the expected arrival of an OAS
delegation seeking to bring about some measure of stability in Haiti.

"I don't expect very much from external interventions. The problem is a
Haitian problem. The heart of the matter is not to find a way to let
President
Aristide rule the country. Our problem is first, to find a way to get the
Haitian
people as a whole to express themselves and control the mandate given to
Aristide. That is the problem we have now," Bajeux added.