7824: Re: 7775: Morse replies to Grey (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< Dear Kathy Grey,
 I cringe at the thought of arguing with you>>

::giggle::

I love you, Richard, I would never beat you up verbally - not that I could!
:-)

 <<but just because your approach to vodou is an option, it doesn't exclude
Ms Dorce's husband's approach. I remember a little street kid telling me (and
i mentioned this once before) "si ou te achte lwa w, ou tap mourri sou
cha'a": rough translation, "If you had bought your spirits, you would have
died on that float." >>

True enough that people can choose to behave morally within the Vodou
tradition, although the tradition itself does not enjoin moral behavior!  I
make this choice in certain situations, one of which I am dealing with right
now.  I have a client who wants her man back, and even though my card reading
indicated that she is never going to have him back, she still wants me to
work for her and is willing to pay.  Most Haitian Houngans and Mambos would
take her money.  I won't.  But that choice is a personal one which is not
mandated by the Vodou tradition.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb