7847: Re: 7814: OAS Mission in Haiti (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< The arrival of the mission coincides with what appears to be last-ditch
talks scheduled for the same day between Aristide and opposition leaders to
try at preventing any further political and social disintegration in the
impoverished
 French-speaking Caribbean nation. >>

What is this political and social disintegration?

A president is in power who was elected not once but twice, by an
overwhelming majority.  People from all sectors of civil society are free to
speak their minds, I don't see cadavers piling up in the streets for the pigs
to eat.  Development organizations, credit unions, labor unions, women's
organizations, all go about their business in relative peace and safety.

But because a bunch of wankers who didn't even have the balls (excuse me,
Corbeteers) to put their name on the ballot have the backing of the American
right wing, now we have "political and social disintegration"?

Humph!

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb