7842: Re: 7810: Ayiti Quisqueya Boyo (fwd)

From: "J. David Lyall" <postmaster@lyalls.net>

>I have discussed the issue with some dominicans and the reason they
gave
>me is that "Ayiti" only refers to the western part of the island
(excuses,
>excuses)
>One more important issue is that why is the island still refers to as
>"Hispaniola".
>It is time that the name of the island be referred to using its
original
>name.
>Dominicans will not agree on "Ayiti" so the island of Quisqueya suits
me
>find.

When the people of what is now the DR declared their intention to
separate
from the Spanish Empire they called their new country "Spanish Hayti"
and
asked for recognition and support from the Republik de Hayti. Their
reply
was invasion on the pretext that the emperor of spain had ceded the
entire
island to the king of france and that therefor the republik owned the
whole
island and all of its inhabitants.

Pres au Vie Boyer decided upon this crime. Upon the collapse of
the regime(s) of Boyer the haitian security apparat fell into decay and
the
spanish/dominicans staged a basically bloodless revolution against the
occupying forces of the republik. They went home as I understand it.

Emperor Solouque invaded again when he took over. The indegenous army
of the republik/empire was apparently not magnanimous, neither in
victory,
nor in defeat ( under Solouque ).

This offensive reasoning of people as property allocated by the emperors
of the past,
and the crimes of Boyer/Solouque, is behind all the bad feelings
between the spanish and kreyol/french inhabitants of
Ayiti/Bohio/Quisqueya
today and for the past 1.7 centuries.

Resist the so called Quantum Mechanics.
God DOES NOT play dice