7955: Re:7953 Re 7921 Haitian $ (fwd) Hudicourt replies

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

Responding to:
From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean01@yahoo.com>

I am sorry, but the statement below just p*****ed me
off.

> From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com
>
> The Haitian dollar is hard to get rid of because it
> is hard for people to
> deal with the large numbers that the gourde
> requires.
I was not expressing an opinion on the use of Haitian dollars.  I agree that
there is no such thing as a Haitian dollar.  I also wish the confusion on the
price of consumer goods did not exist.  Some business groups have made their
own decisions on the matter.  For example, you will find that Hotels state
their prices in either Gourdes or US dollars. Newer gas stations tend to post
their prices in gourdes. I just want to say that when left to their own
devices human beings will go for ease of performance including in
mathematical calculations.  What is a total puzzle for visiting diasporas and
tourist is a convenience for many.  In addition, most business people do not
want clarity in their accounting systems because they do not want to pay
their share of taxes.  So perpetuating confusion will let them rewrite their
books several times....
There is also no such thing as a Haitian government because no one takes care
of anything that has to do with the common good.  If there was a Haitian
government there would be policies protecting the consummer so that prices
would clearly marked in a non-imaginary currency.  Government in Haiti is an
imaginary concept whose existence is justified to deal with other government
and give economic advantage to a few selected or elected citizen.  It has
nothing to do with the concept of government elsewhere just like the Haitian
dollar has nothing to do with the concept of currency elsewhere.
We are a very special people in that sense.