7990: Haitian Vodou (Re: 7989 & 7988) (fwd)

From: amedard@gte.net

> The Lord's Prayer, the Hail Mary, and the Apostles' Creed are said.

I must admit that I know very little about Vodou, and so I very much appreciate Bon
Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen taking her time to educate others about it.

Voudou has to be theologically contradictory to Roman Catholic or other Christian
practices since the Catholic / Christian church recognizes but one God and, as I
understand it, Voudou honors gods [lwa] other than that of the Catholic or Christian
church.  Why is it that The Lord's Prayer, the Hail Mary, and the Apostles' Creed are
said in a Voudou ceremony?  How can being Catholic or otherwise Christian not be
theologically contradictory to Voudou, since Catholicism / Christianity recognizes
but one Omnipotent God?