8021: RE: 8013: Re: 8003: Re: 7996: Re: 7994: Re: 7987: Social Services (fwd)

From: Michele Percy <chelep@strato.net>

I don't know the original poster's ethnic or economic origin nor that of
some others in this thread but, it can be difficult to walk in someone
else's shoes when you don't know the terrain.  My perspective on life is
white, American, and middle class.  This is not my choice, it's just who I
am.  I believe that one of the wonderful things about this list is that we
can assist one another in seeing life from another's viewpoint.  Let's not
knock and divide but educate and conquer.  If more people begin to see the
world as it truly is then we can begin to assist true education in making
the world a better place to live for everyone, not just more education for
education's sake.  Illustration's like the one Kathy made help us to better
see the reality of the plight of Haiti without an "American" twist.

Respectfully, Michele Percy