8043: Re: OAS' Einaudi to Discuss Haiti at IRI: Washington, DC

From: Charles Arthur <charlesarthur@hotmail.com>

If anyone is able to attend Friday's discussion at the International
Republican Institute in Washington D.C., perhaps they could do us a service
by asking for some details about the US$3 million that IRI has allegedly
given to the Democratic Convergence. I have asked IRI's Stanley Lucas for
more details of this claim, which I read about in the Washington Post
newspaper, but he did not reply.

Also it would be interesting to know Mr Einaudi's view on the question of
how the Democratic Convergence's refusal to participate in talks at the
National Museum, because they did not like the venue, is contributing to a
resolution of the 'crisis'.

Charles Arthur