8075: Question About Food from Darian Arky (fwd)

From: Darian and Veronika <bezdomovci@earthlink.net>

Though I suppose some might be concerned with finding a cook in
Port-au-Prince, I'm much more interested in learning how to prepare Haitian
food.  Are cooking classes offered anywhere in the city?  Where are the best
markets for buying the ingredients (not for "American" or "international"
food, but for local dishes)?  I'm disinclined to try and make my own
familiar diet "portable" at all costs, because that tends to isolate a
person from his surroundings, starting with breakfast and continuing right
through dinner.  Any suggestions?