8086: CANA: OAS mission for Haiti (fwd)

From: Max Blanchet <maxblanchet@worldnet.att.net>

OAS mission for Haiti

Port-au-Prince, Haiti, CANA - An Organisation of American States
delegation visits Haiti this week in a renewed effort to find a solution
to the political impasse in this troubled Caribbean nation. But the
difficulty of its mission has been highlighted by the arrests of two
prominent politicians who showed support for opponents of Haitian
President Jean-Bertrand Aristide. "I have a lot of questions about the
legitimacy of these arrests," Jean-Claude Bajeux, a human rights
activist and former Aristide minister, said. "I don't see how
somebody can open the negotiations when they arrest two people."