8126: Re: 8112: Re:Slavin: Re Avril Arrest (fwd)

From: FAedouard@aol.com

I too believe that arbitrary arrest and holding people without trials, such
as in the case of Claude Raymond and Bennett, are a clear violation of Human
Rights. This also applies to the hundreds of poor prisoners in Haitian jails
today. It simply does not matter what someone is accused of or how much he is
hated. A fair and speedy trial is a pillar in any Democracy. Whatever Raymond
was accused of, as he spent years in jail without a trial until his death, It
remains a scar on the country.  Sometime in future we will have another
government, another powerful leader. How can those in power today expect to
be treated when they've set these ugly precedents?