8154: Re: 8136: Dissident's lawyer killed in car wreck (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<<Attorney Yves Jean -- representing jailed politician Gabriel Fortune -- and
 Fortune's brother, law student Moise Fortune, 32, left on Saturday the south
 coast town of Les Cayes, where Fortune is being held for Port-au-Prince.

 Moise Fortune, who met with reporters on Sunday after he regained
 consciousness, said he had driven about 55 miles when he realized a white
 sport utility vehicle was following him.

 To lose the car, he and Jean turned off into a town for about 15 minutes.
 When they returned to the road, the white vehicle appeared behind them
 again, Fortune said.

 Fortune said he kept driving but lost control of his car when he heard what
 sounded like a gunshot. Jean, 50, died in the accident and Fortune was in a
 coma for more than a day.>>

Either someone shot out the tire, or it blew out all by itself, it happens.
Or he got sleepy or was drinking or speeding or hit a bump or some glass or
made some sort of driving error on his own.  The right wing takes advantage
of accidents to paint the opposition as perpetrators, I've seen it happen
plenty of times.

I remember when Napoleon Clerveau, the FRAPH guy who was famous for walking
around with a grenade on a chain around his neck, was killed near Cite Soleil
by some of his... well, peers.  I was working for REUTER then, and his
buddies told me all about, "You see?  You see?  You see how those Cite Soleil
people are?  He was stuck in traffic and they swarmed him and cut him to
pieces with machetes."  What they didn't know was that I already knew that
the man was shot to death, and I had a good idea by whom and for what reason.

Likewise Issa Paul, the man whose death incited FRAPH to burn a whole section
of Cite Soleil right before Christmas - it was supposedly in revenge for Issa
Paul's death but later it turned out Issa was killed by one of his buddies
after he hit the lottery.

I don't know if the survivor of the car wreck was in a coma for 24 hours, I
think it is more likely that he was using that time to get his story
straight.  So I believe two things - the car had an accident and the man was
killed. And that is ALL I believe, until I see evidence to the contrary.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html