8184: Re: 8179: Re: 8175: Re: 8169: Re: 8168: Haiti: FL, Convergence on , resu... (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< I think when I talk about alternative, I don't mean people are getting
paid
 to do something. I am talking about a true movement, which has its own
 autonomy. >>

There is nothing wrong with people getting paid for their work!  One of the
problems of pro-democracy activists during the Cedras regime was how to
survive, how to get enough to eat.  Failure to support economically the
individuals doing progressive work leads to fewer individuals doing
progessive work.

<< Moreover I don't want to engage in the lavalas-convergence discussion,
 because it has been proven that the only loser in that game is the "Haitian
 People" Which is translated into that both Convergence and Lavalas are not
 doing anything for the people.>>

The majority of the Haitian people would disagree with you, since they voted
for the Lavalas party.  Aristide's first administration was working toward an
increased minimum wage and decreased school fees, among other things, at the
time of the coup.  Following his return to Haiti he presided over the
demission of the murderous Haitian Army, a huge achievement in and of itself.

<< That is why I think a new alternative should
 be coming to over thrown the status quo. Then the Haitian people will start
 working to change their current situation.    >>

This new alternative being what, specifically?  The lwa Guinea are not going
to come and do the work, people are going to do the work.  In order to do the
work, they are going to group themselves into popular organizations, and
those popular organizations are going to create a new political party or
support a pre-existing political party whose platform is in accordance with
their stated goals.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb