8207: AIDS: comments of Sean Harvey

From: Sean Harvey <seanharvey@juno.com>

Karen,

There are plenty of alternative theories about the origins of HIV/AIDS.
Below is a small sampling of them for your research - list members are
invited to judge the merits of each theory for themselves. I have instead
chosen to expend my energies on what I personally view as a far more
productive avenue, and have volunteered for an HIV vaccine trial. Anyone
that has concern about the very real devastation of HIV in Haiti and
wants to do something about it might prefer to do likewise. 15,000 people
are infected with HIV every day -- most of them in the third world -- so
taking part in community education efforts is another important way to
help.

1. AIDS was caused by an oral polio vaccine contaminated with chimp blood
(their SIV virus is the ancestor of HIV) that WHO distributed in the
Congo:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0316371378/qid=991842217/sr=1-17/r
ef=sc_b_17/107-0065451-8586946
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/health/conditioncenter/aids/A2279-20
01Apr25.html

2. Forget polio, it was a smallpox vaccine, and this time it wasn't an
accident, but rather an international conspiracy to take over the world:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000909/A54715-2000Sep8.html

3. OK the CIA did it, but they actually did it in a laboratory in the
1970's by combining bovine leukemia virus (BLV) with sheep visna virus
(OLV).
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/aids.html

4. No, the CIA did it, but they used Bulgarians to inject it directly
into Haitian prisoners and Libyan children.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200104280041.html

5. There is no such thing as AIDS! It's all a fantasy cooked up by the
drug companies. Using HIV-suppressing drugs causes AIDS. Also, using
condoms causes one to test positive for HIV!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0895263998/o/qid=991842064/sr=2-3/
107-0065451-8586946
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967415306/qid=991842217/sr=1-24/r
ef=sc_b_24/107-0065451-8586946

6. HIV was brought to Earth by aliens in UFOs! This book has proof:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0931234018/qid=991842217/sr=1-15/r
ef=sc_b_15/107-0065451-8586946

7. AIDS is a strictly gay disease that is not actually afflicting
millions of heterosexuals in Africa, India, Haiti and the rest of the
world:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0895267292/ref=sim_books/107-00654
51-8586946

8. AIDS is caused by the recreational inhalation of nitrous oxide:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967952905/qid=991842592/sr=1-68/r
ef=sc_b_68/107-0065451-8586946

9. AIDS has nothing to do with the immune system after all. It's caused
by the destruction of friendly human microflora:
http://home.networkone.net/~deagle/pr03.htm

10. AIDS is a supernatural contagion visited upon the iniquitous by God,
as a sign of the Second Coming.
http://members.aol.com/Wisdomway/revelations2.htm

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.