8218: Re: 8195: Reparations and crooked leaders red herring (Saint-Vil) (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< It seems that symbolic conscience-easing aid to poor black people is to
this
 day what most people of european descent feel comfortable with. >>

WHOA NELLIE!

I am a person of primarily European descent, and I think the idea of
reparations is absurd.  There is no one left alive today who is a former
slave.

My own grandmother, who came to the USA from Germany, was raped on the ship
on the way over, exploited in sweatshops, forced to live in degrading
conditions.  She's passed away - do I deserve reparations?  Nah.

Haitians were listed as a risk group because at that time, they WERE a risk
group!  There was a verifiably higher rate of HIV+ status among Haitians than
average.  What lay people did with that information is another story, but the
same goes for all sorts of scientific information.

<<...If you read what Mambo Racine wrote about the
 scandalous organised murders of Afrikan peoples (including in Site Solèy)
 via the AIDS virus and if your read how President Tabo MBeki is suffering
 from all kinds of attacks from the former colonial powers because he has
 landed an ear to those who dared mention the link between AIDS and the polio
 vaccine trials done in the Great Lakes region (Burundi, Rwanda) back in the
 1930s...And research the link all this has with the introduction of the
 virus to Haiti, then you will understand why it is better for the U.S. press
 to speak of a former prostitute's work in Site Soley and not of John
 Hopkins' Boulos connection in the same area.>>

True enough.  Now, Mbeki was wrong wrong WRONG to attempt to prevent pregnant
HIV+ women from receiving AZT treatment.  But he is right about those vaccine
trials!  Even the Boston Globe ran an article in 1995 or 1996 about a link
between vaccinations and "blood cancers", "atypical leukemias", "bone marrow
disorders", I mean they did everything but come out and say AIDS.  They
promised a follow up story, too, but it never came out.

 True, reparations of any kind to Black people will not come any time soon.
 Not because of a so-called genuine fear that genetically "crooked" black
 leaders will steal it. But because those who have and continue to benefit
 from the priviledges of slavery, colonialism, neo-colonialism (including
 genetic warfare in Tuskegee or in Site Solèy) do not have the courage to
 look at reality straight in the face and sacrifice even 2% of their
 priviledges in order to accomplish meaningful change in this world.

 C. Henrius, I usually enjoy and respect your contributions to Corbettland,
 and my comment is in no way personal. But, on top of all the slanted trash
 Trenton Daniel and Michael Norton are publishing about Haiti in the
 international press (which seems to be all right wing-sponsored these days),
 some of us have become somewhat hypersensitive to anti-Afrikan
 (anti-Haitian) clichés. In my opinion, the question you raised come from
 that european tradition of demeaning black leadership, in order to continue
 getting away with murder.

 Jafrikayiti >>

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare