8320: Dame Eugenia Charles: Haitians anxious for release of foreign aid (fwd)

From: Max Blanchet <maxblanchet@worldnet.att.net>

Haitians anxious for release of foreign aid

Roseau, Dominica, CANA - The release of foreign aid rather than the
genuine need to resolve political differences, appears to be forcing the
re-election for seven disputed Senate seats in Haiti, former Dominica
Prime Minister Dame Eugenia Charles has said. Dame Eugenia and
Secretary General of the Organisation of American States (OAS),
Cesar Gaviria negotiated the agreement with Haitian President
Jean-Bertrand Aristide which was approved by the General Assembly
of the OAS in Costa Rica earlier this month.

"I found that the Haitians are only interested in what financial help they
can get from the international world. I don't know if they are interested
in having the matter solved," Dame Eugenia told the Caribbean News
Agency on Wednesday.