8323: RE: 8316: Bill Maher attacks Vodou (fwd)

From: Karen Davis <kdavis@marygrove.edu>

Unfortunately, I did not watch the show that night, although I often do.
However, I find that the transcript is very different from Jean
Jean-Pierre's notes. I do not see in the transcript anyone denying that
Vodou is a religion--they are "only" making fun of Vodou practices, no worse
than they are making fun of Jesus--although, of course, more people know a
positive side to the Jesus story, & few know that for Vodou.
Was the transcript "cleaned up"?

Karen F. Davis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head of Humanities Department
Marygrove College
Detroit, Michigan 48221 USA
Telephone: 313-927-1352
email: kdavis@marygrove.edu