8392: Re: 8388: Re: 8381: Safety first (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< Everytime I think about going to Haiti in the 80s and being so safe no
matter
 what time of the day or night, I fight the temptation to appreciate those
 days of Duvalier repression.  >>

It WASN'T SAFE THEN!  It was safe for the elite and for foreigners, the
average Haitian lived in a state of constant dread!  Macoutes raped women,
they "bought" without paying and ruined businesses, they beat and tortured
and murdered for reasons which didn't have to be political.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html";>