8421: HAITI: A PERVERTED DEMOCRACY (fwd)

From: Jraphaelg@aol.com

HAITI: A PERVERTED DEMOCRACY

I have often heard of the dreadful and laughable excuse -others would prefer
to say comment-: â??Haiti and Haitians are uniqueâ??. Thus, trying to understand
and explain rationally this binomial entity would amount to a futile academic
stunt or a gratuitous mental gymnastics.

In most civilized or democratic societies, there is what is called due process
 and No One is above the law. Not so long ago, in Washington D.C., we have
witnessed The Most Powerful Man in the Free World being subjected to the
dictatorship of the Law during what I dare to call The
Bill-Clinton-Monica-Lewinski-Saga. In that constitutional and legal sparring
the Independent Prosecutorâ?? power superseded that of the President. This is
what I coined The Dictatorship of the Law.

In any murder case, the Police investigation takes precedence over everything
else. Often times the person who is the closest or the one who has either
seen or been with the victim last (or the first seen or been on the scene)
would be, without being necessarily a suspect, the prime object â??inâ?? the
investigation. In this regard we may revisit the O.J. Simpson, the Menendes
brothers and closer to us the Robert Blake (Baretta) cases. In the latter,
although the victim has been buried, the Criminal Department of Investigation
-the Police- is still doing its work: an inquiry. The Blues do not intend to
repeat detective Mark F.â??s misconduct: If there were a glove, they would want
it to fit !!!.

We may recall that following the Princess of Walesâ?? death the Royal Family
could not proceed with any burial plan. There was a procedure to follow! They
had to wait for the Criminal Department of Investigation or the Police to
first complete its work. In well organized countries the role of the Police
is to:
a) know the environment (to be well informed);
b) make inquiries;
 c) make an arrest (if the case is such) and/or to hand over the case to a
Court of Law.

In our Republique Tet Anba (our Upside-Down Republic) things are done
otherwise. The body of Jean Léopold Dominique was cremated and its ashes
sprinkled over the Artibonite River before any police investigation could be
initiated. A key witness -a suspect- to that sordid crime, Wilner Lalane (who
was shot in the buttocks) was, in the word of the widow, placed under high
police surveillance and... However, while being treated in a hospital, Mr.
Lalane succumbed to his mortal injuries: a bullet in the buttocks!!! Like
that of Clément Jumelle, Lalaneâ??s body mysteriously disappeared from the
morgue. How convenient!  In our Republique Tet Anba everything seems to go
backwards. The Scale of Justice is turned upside down. down!!!

Dr. Jacques R. Georges
www.lihadh.com or www.humanrights@lihadh.com