8526: RE: 8514: Seeking Haitian dance scholar(s) (fwd)

From: Karen Davis <kdavis@marygrove.edu>

Try:
Mme. Penny Godboldo
Chair, Dance Department, Marygrove College
Detroit, Michigan
and
Director, Pemajju School of Dance, Detroit.
She studied with Dunham, keeps very close ties with her, & has studied in
Haiti herself, is a strong dancer & teacher, has also studied in Benin &
other W. Africa (as well as Trinidad, Japan, etc.)
I sent her your email but she may not get it since it is July.
Home telephone: 313-867-7707, at her office here: 313-927-1304
At Pemajju: 313-396-5666.
If she cannot do this, she knows all the other original Dunham-trained
dancers & others in US, Haiti, etc.
Don't forget--if you need a Detroit connection--my husband is a master
folkloric drummer.
Karen Davis Dimanche

Karen F. Davis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head of Humanities Department
Marygrove College
Detroit, Michigan 48221 USA
Telephone: 313-927-1352