8544: Re: 8538: JAMES THE SINGER (fwd)

From: Jim Frisken <jfrisken@hotmail.com>

Madison           I assume that you refer to James Germain.  I have one CD
of his, released in 1995, of traditional Kreyol songs called Kafou Minwi (
Declic 50435-2 / BS 334 .)  As you suggest, he uses  very sophisticated,
lush arrangements of music which is often done with more rawness and
passion.  For those who like this approach, I'd also recommend Haiti Cherie,
Creole Favorites; Traditional & Voodoo Songs by TiCorn, Qualiton 995342,  (
1993 .)                     Jim