8592: Re: 8587: Re: 8585: GOP gaining Haitian voters (fwd)

From: Paulette Smith <psmith@emerald.tufts.edu>

<<If you are Haitian and side with the elites and Duvalierists<========

I am getting so confused with this prolonged divisive debate...

And here I go...  doubting all my memories of those years growing up in
Haiti...

I thought Duvalierists were "of the "Middle class" so called...
and certainly, as PAPA DOC stressed, "NOIRS"

whereas so called, "mulatres" -  by virtue of
their "teinted" blood, were automatically classified as "suspicious"
individuals" -  traitors of the race... ... ..

In addition if those "shady" individuals chose to express themselves
in the streets in French?! :  oppressors of the masses!

but yet, one remembers Papa Doc's  famous looong speeches to the
"citoyens" (the masses?)  in a "scholarly" French!

 Did we grow up in the same place?...

Who - what is "elite" ???????????

PAS