8716: Re: 8713: RE: 8703: Re: 8698: Durban on Air Travel to Haiti (fwd)

From: Jean Succar <succarj@hotmail.com>

"Jean Jean Pierre makes some sober argument why it's tough to start an
airline company, whether Haiti or the US. Let me add another one. The market
simply is not there to be profitable. Not enough people travel to Haiti.
Let's forget about the major american carriers. Why isn't Air Jamaica BWIA
or another Caribbean carriers flying to Haiti. "ti mache a tro piti" E pi
case close."

Until I see some numbers I will not accept this argument.  At a time I
remember we had Air D'Haiti and Carnaval Airlines both operating in addition
to ALM, American Airlines and Air France.  I think the market should not be
an issue it is already there.

Regards,
Jean Succar