8745: Brooklyn Forum

From: JSpadaro9@aol.com

We want to announce a large community meeting with Ben Dupuy who is coming
direct from Haiti. Dupuy is Secretary General of the National Popular Party
(PPN) and co-director of Haiti Progres newspaper.

In Haiti, confusion reigns. Duvalierists are in key posts of the Lavalas
government and the Electoral Council (CEP). Former soldiers and macoutes
are organizing. The investigation into the assassination of Jean Dominique
continues to provoke peculiar reactions from officials such as Gary
Lissade, the Minister of Justice, and Senator Dany Toussaint. Washington
and the Convergence are dragging out the political crisis and are
maintaining a de factor embargo against the country.

What are the true reasons for the crisis? How can Haiti get out of this
political and economic morass?  Where are we and where are we going?

Come hear Ben Dupuy's analysis and discuss these questions and others in
a public forum on:

SUNDAY, July 22nd, 2001 at 5pm
in the auditorium of Saint Francis Church
335 Lincoln Road (between Nostrand and New York Avenues)
Brooklyn, NY

Directions:
Train 2,5, at the Sterling Road stop
Bus 44 at the Nostrand Avenue and Maple Street stop
or the New York Avenue and Lincoln Road stop.

Bus 49 at the Rogers and Lincoln or Bedford and Lincoln stops

Bus 41 at the Flatbush and Lincoln stops

This activity is sponsored by the National Popular Party (PPN) and Haiti
Progres newspaper

For more information call (718) 434-8100