8766: President Aristide visits Cuba (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

In his recent post Mr Succar said:

"I personally think that Aristide is no different than Preval, what kind of
statement is that?  The hope of Haiti is to GET OUT OF MISERY OR POVERTY."

Had he hoped for pie in the sky,he would have been called a liar,
unrealistic ect.. It's a typical case of damned if you do,damned if you
don't. Instead of attacking President Aristide's statement, it would be
interesting to explore the differences between misery and poverty. Does it
mean one meal a day instead of none? Rudimentary shelter rather than
homelessness?

I would guess that from perspective of folks trapped in a world of abject
misery, poverty may indeed be something to hope for.