8800: July 2001 Kanzo Announcement (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

Hi there Corbetteers!  I am sending this to the Corbett list to demonstrate the tremendous international interest in Haitian Vodou.  I think my house is the most international Vodou house in Haiti, but there are certainly other houses with non-Haitian initiates.July 2001 Kanzo Announcement

Bon Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen and Houngan Fritzner George proudly announce seventeen new Vodou initiates made in the July 2001 Kanzo.

Steven C. Denney of New Orleans, Louisiana, servant of Dambala Wedo, attained the rank of asogwe.  He is now Bon Houngan Wedo Map File Daginen (Good Houngan Wedo I Am Moving of Guinea).

Simon G. of Singapore, servant of Ogoun Shango attaned the rank of asogwe. He is now Bon Houngan Maji Lakay Daginen (Good Houngan Magic In The House of Guinea).

Robert E. of Los Angeles, California, servant of Ogoun Shango, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Balizaj Daginen (Good Houngan Clears the Way of Guinea)..

Maxo "Babou" Floriant of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of Ogoun Feray and Ti-Jean Petro, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Ya Tande Daginen (Good Houngan They Will Hear, of Guinea).

Alex Myrville of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of Met Agwe and Ogoun Feray, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Fle An Sezon Daginen Good Houngan Flower in Season of Guinea).

Richard Harrall of Dorset, UK, servant of La Sirene, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Lamp De Nwit Daginen (Good Houngan Light at Night of Guinea).

Luckner St. Louis of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of Ogoun Feray, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Tou Pa Tou M Komande Daginen (Good Houngan Everywhere I Command, of Guinea).

Victor Aird of London, UK, servant of Legba and of Erzulie Dantor, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Pa Pile M Menfo Daginen (Good Houngan Don't Step on Me, of Guinea.

Ray De Angelo of West Palm Beach, Florida, servant of Ogoun Shango, attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Mwen SeYoun Daginen (Good Houngan I Am One, of Guinea).

Mmama Nkasu of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, servant of Ogoun Feray attained the rank of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Dye Ki Met Daginen (Good Houngan God is Master of Guinea).

Marceau "Maxo" Pierre-Louis of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of Grand Bwa, attained the rank of hounsi kanzo.  He is now Hounsi Bwa Nan Bwa Daginen (Hounsi Tree in the Woods of Guinea).

Wolmer Joseph of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of Ogoun Feray, attained the rank of hounsi kanzo.  He is now Hounsi Baka Nkisi Daginen (Hounsi Monster of the Nkisi, of Guinea).

Tamara Siuda of Chicago, Illinois, servant of Ogoun Feray and Simbi Andezo, attained the rank of asogwe.  She is now Bon Mambo Kouwone Andezo Daginen (Good Mambo Crowned in Two Waters, of Guinea).

Regina M. Scott of Musgekon, Michigan, servant of Ogoun Feray, attained the rank of sur point.  She is now Bon Mambo Sent Ren Di Syel Daginen (Good Mambo Holy Queen of Heaven, of Guinea).

Philomen Dieu of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of La Sirene, attained the rank of hounsi kanzo.  She is now Hounsi Fos Fe Yo We Daginen (Hounsi Strength Makes Them See, of Guinea).  Her infant son, aged three months, accompanied her into the djevo.  He is now Hounsi Asire Daginen (Hounsi Assured of Guinea).

Lijmi Celestin of Jacmel, Haiti, servant of La Sirene, attained the rank of hounsi kanzo.  She is now Hounsi Andezo File Daginen (Hounsi in Two Waters Moving, of Guinea).

Peace and love,

"Good is rare" - Se bon ki ra
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html