8821: inquiry regarding French colonial jarres

From: RidgeArt@aol.com

I am looking for interesting stories connected to the 18th and 19th
century
French jarres that were used to ship provisions to Haiti during the
colonial
period and possibly after that. I understand that some were buried in the
ground by the French to hide valuables when the slave uprisings started.
I'm
sure there must be other stories. Also, can anyone provide me with
information on where the jarres were originally made?

Please reply to me directly at ridgeart@aol.com.

Many thanks!
Laurie Beasley
Ridge Art