8825: Re: 8824 Reply on Dorelien post (fwd)

From: defending_dorelien@inbox.as

The NCHR quotes are not meant to imply that the NCHR does or does not endorse
Carl Dorelien's character.  They are meant to reinforce the fact that the
Haitian legal system cannot be judged by American standards, and that it is
incompetent and corrupt.

Carl Dorelien's conviction was more political than judicial or humanitarian.
This so-called judgment was dictated from start to finish by the Lavalas
government in its quest of retaliation against the members of the HAF,
especially the HAF High Command.  No testimony or any piece of evidence can
link the HAF High Command - and consequently Carl Dorelien - to that incident.
Furthermore, justice, in general, is based on violations, law, order and
responsibility.  Carl Dorelien did not commit any violations of the Haitian
law.  He did not give any order directly or indirectly in regard to
the "Raboteau" incident.  He had no involvement whatsoever morally,
intellectully, administratively, formally or informally in that incident for
which he can be blamed.

In fact, many entities, national and international, have investigated this
incident and their report can be found to prove, refute and assert the
responsibilities of everyone involved.  The U.S. Embassy in Haiti, the Haitian
parliament, the Assistant Chief of Staff G2 of the HAF High Command, Amnesty
International and others have all investigated the incident and filed reports
that can be found and analyzed to find the truth.  In none of them - partial or
impartial - will you find the name of Carl Dorelien linked in any way to the
incident.

Carl Dorelien is one of the few officers of the HFA who has no skeletons
whatsoever in his closet.  His name can not be linked - with honest proof - to
any wrong doings of the HAF.  His name never figured in any national or
international human rights reports.  Carl was and is unfairly caught in the
middle of, and being used in a political game.  It is a well-known fact that
the Haitian authorities use the Haitian criminal judiciary system to retaliate
against political opponents.  Furthermore, the persons indicted in that
incident did not have the right to have their own lawyer at that so-called
trial.  They were assigned a public counsel designated by the government.

We do not ask anyone to believe anything that we have written here.  In search
for the truth, anyone can go to the source and verify the facts stated here.
Go to Haiti and investigate; find out who Carl Dorelien is.  Ask Monseigneur
Romulus (a relative to Mr. Aristide), who is the "Grand Anse" Diocese bishop
and who witnessed Carl Dorelien while he was assigned as the "Grand Anse"
department commander.  Ask the current Haitian Prime Minister, Jean Marie
Cherestal, who observed him during the coup period.  Ask the government's
witnesses in the "Raboteau" trial about the facts.

We do not think it is fair or just to punish the Haitian Armed forces through
Carl Dorelien.  We cannot believe that this is happening in the United States
of America.  Nevertheless, we do believe in the Oath of Allegiance that we
pledge "to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for
which it stands one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for
all"... including Carl Dorelien.

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su