8838: Re: 8831: On Bazin's idea of taxing Ayitians living in the US (fwd)

From: Jrlaraque@aol.com

I think the idea of taxing Haitians living abroad is not a bad one.  But in
return, Haitians living abroad, naturalized or not, should be able to have a
real say in the political affairs of the country.  They should be able to
vote. work, and occupy any political functions just like those who live in
the country.

Furthermore,  the diaspora (or  the 10th Department as we used to call it)
should become a real regional and political entity just like the other
Departments, with its own senators and deputies to represent the millions of
Haitians who live abroad and are willing to give a helping hand to our dear
Haiti.

Jean Laraque
JrLaraque@aol.com