8968: Made in Haiti (fwd)

From: "J. David Lyall" <postmaster@lyalls.net>

Wandering the back country above St Marc this spring I discovered
the remains of an industrial agriculture plant from the 19th century.
A sugar mill, of course. There are some very large iron water mill
pieces which indicate that they were made in Port au Prince in 1866.

So, a century and more in the past the manufacturing capacity of
Haiti was of a world standard, for certain products at least.

>rummaging through some old electrical parts at a yard sale here in New
>England yesterday, I found a brass lamp socket and switch with "made in
>Haiti" stamped on it.

Resist the so called Quantum Mechanics.
God DOES NOT play dice
David AT lyalls.net