9083: Re: 9081: Re: 9079: Sabalat Foreign Minister claim (fwd)

From: Carl Fombrun <carlfombrun@iopener.net>

Dear Charles Arthur:

Thank you so much for your attention to historical facts. Concerning Sabalat as Foreign   Minister I believe you are correct with your dates and subjects. He was named by Aristide but he did not serve as Secretary of State which reasons I do not know. All I know that he did break up with Aristide somewhere between 1991 and 1995, and ran for the Senate in 1995.  I seem to recall that he was named  Ambassador to France, but was not confirmed by the Senate.

The sentence in my article should have read :" In 1995, Jean-Robert lost confidence in President Aristide and became a candidate as an independent senator for the Western district of Port-au-Prince" instead of "In 1995, Jean-Robert lost confidence in president Aristide, resigned from his Cabinet and became a candidate as an independent for the Western district of Port-au-Prince."

My apologies to the readers. I was concentrating mainly as I stated in the beginning of the article, on the short, personal, and intimate biography of my friend, Jean-Robert Sabalat.

All the best,

Carl Fombrun