9155: Re: 9145: Dorce to Poincy (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 09/29/2001 2:22:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Jean Poincy"
<caineve@yahoo.fr> writes:

<< Leaving the collective well-being in the masses hand,
 you bound to find this society living in the state of
 nature where no one understands that protecting
 another's right is protecting his/her own; where
 everyone is killing each other over minute things that
 can be resolved instantly if the will is there.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This sounds like you believe that the people of Haiti were born without
character.  Lawless behavior is a response to a lack of justice.  And if all
poor people responded the same way, that is, killing and stealing, then there
would be very few people left in Haiti.  Desperate times make men do
desperate things.  But even though things have been so desperate in Haiti for
so many people, an overwhelming majority of them still are decent, hard
working people who would not kill or steal, no matter what.  It is laughable
to me that elite Haitians find themselves so valuable and worthy when I would
rather have any one of a number of majority class Haitians for company.  I
say that to illustrate that character is not manners or money.  I find more
character in the poorest of the poor than I do in most elites, and elite
wannabes.  The ones who have had power, the elites, have failed Haiti over
and over again.  They could have made laws and had them enforced.  They could
have instituted a justice system that worked for everyone.  They could have
supported the infrastructure, education of all children and cleaned up the
cities.  But they didn't.  They never did and I don't know if they ever will,
without force.  If anyone needs to be dictated to because they don't know any
better, it is the elite class of Haiti..  Shame on them a thousand times.

For a man to have so little but to still share it, that is character.  For a
man to have much and hurt others to get it........that is lack of character,
even though he speaks impeccable French.

Kathy Dorce~